Wait when page loaded
Call: 800-MRELLIS
508-791-7333Mon-Fri 8:00am - 4:00pm

SOCIAL SECURITY LAWYERS

Nicholas Ellis

Have you been denied disability benefits? If you live in Massachusetts, Social Security disability Attorney Nicholas Ellis can help.

Most denials of claims for disability benefits can be reversed if a knowledgeable Social Security lawyer is retained to handle the appeals. But patience and perseverance are required. As you will see from the award rates below, most disability claimants give up too soon.

1. Application level. Initial applicants for Social Security disability will wait on average 120 days to receive an answer, and for 35% it will be yes. Out of those rejected at this initial level, 52% will abandon their claims and 48% will appeal.

2. Reconsideration level. Claimants who timely filed their appeals within 60 days of receipt will wait 90 days for a decision. Only 12% will receive good news. Out of those who don’t, 30% will give up and 70% will appeal.

3. Hearing level. This is where patience and good representation pay off. National claimants will wait 15.5 months for a hearing and decision (Massachusetts claimants will wait 12 months), but 45% will be awarded benefits. Of the remainder, 55% will quit and 45% will appeal.

4. Appeals Council. Another 320 days are required. Only 2% of claimants will be rewarded with benefits; about 14% of claimants will have their claims sent back for another hearing. Most of the rest will give up. Only a few appeal to federal court.

5. Federal court. Claimants wait another 540 days for a federal court decision. About half of them will have their claims sent back for another hearing before an administrative law judge. Only a small percentage are awarded benefits by the federal court.

The lesson from these national averages is to pursue your Social Security disability claim through the first three levels — application, reconsideration, and hearing. Most of those who don’t give up before the Social Security disability hearing will be awarded benefits.

Social Security Disability Expertise

If you decide to appeal your Massachusetts disability claim and retain me to help, I will bring 3 important qualities to the fight:

Experience. I have practiced Social Security disability law in Massachusetts  beginning in 1986, and helping Massachusetts disability clients is my central focus. I am a sustaining member of the National Organization of Social Security Representatives (NOSSCR) which keeps me up to date with the ever-changing Social Security rules and regulations.
Knowledge. I have appeared in over 1500 administrative law hearings, successfully completed over 100 Appeal Council and Federal Court remands and/or reversals.
Compassion. I have learned that winning provides my Social Security disability clients more than money. It can also bring independence, validation, and peace of mind. I understand what is at stake, so you will have a devoted Massachusetts disability attorney on your side.